![]() |
| Picture taken by Mick Haupt and used from Pexels, great photo Mick! |
Week 36 of 52 weeks, we are heading towards Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, the nights draw in and I am feeling well. I love this time of year, still light around 8-ish for a bit, cooler weather, slightly less drunken singing outside the house from idiots. What is not to love? It also makes me feel safer for some reason, no idea why, it just makes my mind settle a bit more. The human body is a strange thing, what can you do.
Well, I can tell you what you can do... You can tell me how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day. Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together. If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.
For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available. In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting. Also, I'm using Spotify. It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg. Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.
3rd September 2026
01 - Ben Folds Five - Boxing (taken off the 1995 album "Ben Folds Five")
02 - They Might Be Giants - What The Cat Dragged In (taken off the 2026 album "The World Is To Dig")
03 - Billie Marten - Betsy (taken off the 2019 album "Feeding Seahorses By Hand")
04 - Massive Attack - Sly (taken off the 1994 album "Protection")
05 - Thee Oh Sees - Fucking Kill Me (taken off the 2022 album "A Foul Form")
06 - The Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality (taken off the 2019 album "South of Reality")
07 - Blur - To The End (taken off the 1994 album "Parklife")
08 - The Dead Daises - Lock 'n' Load (w/Slash) (taken off the 2013 album "The Dead Daisies")
09 - Metallica - Atlas, Rise! (taken off the 2016 album "Hardwired... To Self Destruct")
10 - Savant - Once Upon A Time (taken off the 2017 album "Savant")
4th September 2026
01 - Mogwai - Friend of the Night (taken off the 2006 album "Mr. Beast")
02 - Kicked In The Teeth - There Will Be Nothing (taken off the 2025 album "Watling Street Chambers")
03 - Goat - Goatmilk (taken off the 2022 album "Oh Death")
04 - The Weakerthans - Greatest Hits Collection (taken off the 1997 album "Fallow")
05 - Stavesarce - Sideways (taken off the 2017 album "MCMXCV")
06 - Beastie Boys - Get It Together (w/ Q-Tip) (taken off the 1994 album "Ill Communication")
07 - Ex-Norwegian - Fresh Pit (taken off the 2009 album "Standby")
08 - Van Halen - The Dream Is Over (taken off the 1991 album "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge")
09 - David Bowie - No Control (taken off the 1995 album "1.Outside and subtitled The Nathan Adler Diaries: A Hyper-cycle")
10 - Nine Inch Nails - The Great Destroyer (taken off the 2007 album "Year Zero")
5th September 2026
01 - And So I Watch From Afar - Any Joy (taken off the 2024 album "Megafauna")
02 - Maxïmo Park - Midnight On The Hill (taken off the 2014 album "Too Much Information")
03 - INXS - All Around (taken off the 1992 album "Welcome To Wherever You Are")
04 - Lord of The Lost - The Future of A Past Life (w/Marcus Bischoff) (taken off the 2022 album "Blood & Glitter)
05 - Hey! Hello! - Body Parts (taken off the 2016 album "Hey! Hello! Too!")
06 - Wannadies - Silent People (taken off the 1997 album "Bagsy Me")
07 - A - Pacific Ocean Blue (taken off the 2022 album "Hi-Fi Serious")
08 - Passengers - Miss Sarajevo (taken off the 1995 album "Original Soundtracks 1")
09 - Psychedelic Porn Crumpets - Scapegoat (taken off the 2025 "Carpe Diem, Moonman")
10 - Biffy Clyro - Modern Magic Formula (taken off the 2013 album "Opposites")
6th September 2026
01 - Tim Curry - I'm Going Home (taken off the 1975 OST "The Rocky Horror Picture Show")
02 - Trashcan Sinatras - Earlies (taken off the 1993 album "I've Seen Everything")
03 - Yeasayer - Prophecy Gun (taken off the 2016 album "Amen & Goodbye")
04 - The Pogues - Hell's Ditch (taken off the 1990 album "Hell's Ditch")
05 - Low Hum - Walking Sideways (Honest Room) (taken off the 2024 album "Terra Incognita")
06 - Nadine Shah - Buckfast (taken off the 2020 album "Kitchen Sink")
07 - The Cure - I Can Never Say Goodbye (Mental Overdrive Remix) (taken off the 2025 album "Mixies of A Lost World")
08 - a-Ha - I've Been Losing You (taken off the 1986 album "Scoundrel Days")
09 - Mogwai - Richie Sacramento (Other Two Remix) (taken off the 2021 EP "Take Sides")
10 - Ben Folds Five - Best Imitation of Myself (taken off the 1995 album "Ben Folds Five")
7th September 2026
01 - Evilgroove - Kick The Can (taken off the 2017 album "Cosmosis")
02 - Secret Eyes - Light The Fire (taken off the 2019 album "Holding On")
03 - Volbeat - The Loa's Crossroad (taken off the 2016 album "Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie")
04 - STONEWALL NOISE ORCHESTRA - The Storm (taken off the 2020 album "Deathtripper")
05 - The Haunted - Creed (taken off the 2007 album "One Kill Wonder")
06 - Wexler's Prime - Fossil Constellation (taken off the 2020 album "Fossil Constellation")
07 - Tellison - Tender Is The Night (taken off the 2007 album "Contact! Contact")
08 - 16 Horsepower - Coal Back Horses (taken off the 1995 EP "16 Horsepower")
09 - Anthrax - N.F.B. (Dallabnikufesin) (taken off the 1991 compilation "Attack of The Killer B's")
10 - Pink Floyd - Not Now John (taken off the 1983 album "The Final Cut")
8th September 2026 - this day was picked as my once a month one day dedicated to one band/artist. For September, I've picked The Afghan Whigs!
01 - The Afghan Whigs - Birdland (taken off the 2017 album "In Spades")
02 - The Afghan Whigs - Blame, etc (taken off the 1996 album "Black Love")
03 - The Afghan Whigs - The Getaway (taken off the 2022 album "How Do You Burn?")
04 - The Afghan Whigs - Crime Scene Part One (taken off the 1996 album "Black Love")
05 - The Afghan Whigs - Please, Baby, Please (taken off the 2022 album "How Do You Burn?")
06 - The Afghan Whigs - Loose Talk (taken off the 2026 album "Soft Control")
07 - The Afghan Whigs - I Am Fire (taken off the 2014 album "Do To The Beast")
08 - The Afghan Whigs - The Deepest Part of the Darkest Shadow (taken off the 2026 album "Soft Control")
09 - The Afghan Whigs - Lost In The Woods (taken off the 2014 album "Do To The Beast")
10 - The Afghan Whigs - Into The Floor (taken off the 2027 album "In Spades")
9th September 2026
01 - Calabrese - Down In Misery (taken off the 2015 album "Lust for Sacrilege")
02 - Mogwai - White Noise (taken off the 2011 album "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will")
03 - Living Colour & Run DMC - Me, Myself & My Microphone (taken off the 1993 OST "Judgement Night")
04 - Seether - Words As Weapons (taken off the 2014 album "Isolate and Medicate")
05 - Moon Goose - Cheese Lens (taken off the 2024 album "Murmurations")
06 - Anthrax - Keep It In The Family (taken off the 1990 album "Persistence of Time")
07 - Mourning Dawn - The Color of Waves (taken off the 2024 "The Foam of Despair")
08 - Deftones - Korea (taken off the 2000 album "White Pony")
09 - Louise Post - Secrets (taken off the 2023 album "Sleepwalker")
10 - The Story So Far - Need To Know (taken off the 2018 album "Proper Dose")

No comments:
Post a Comment