Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Ten Random Tracks A Day For 2026: 10th September to 16th September

 

Picture taken by Eyüpcan Timur and from Pexels, great photo Eyüpcan!

Week 37 of 52 weeks, and I'm starting to lock in with these posts.  After my little break, I am feeling up for the challenge.  I think it's because I'm in my favourite time of year (as noted in the last post), I just love it when it starts to get dark around 7:30 in the evening, the wind picks up, the charva's put their t-shirts back on... it's just a lovely time of year.  I am also going to have to pick up my AOTY listening as well, got some albums that I am excited to listen to, been a good year for music again.

And with that piece of nostalgic waffle, let's change gear and I will tell you how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day.  Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together.  If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.  

For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available.  In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting.  Also, I'm using Spotify.  It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg.  Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.

10th September 2026

01 - They Might Be Giants - Boss of Me (2001 single)
02 - Pacifica - Show Your Credentials (taken off the 2025 album "In Your Face!")
03 - The Molochs - To Kick In A Lover's Door (taken off the 2018 album "Flowers In The Spring")
04 - Alex Lahey - Isabella (taken off the 2019 album "The Best of Luck Club")
05 - Loupe - So Far So Good (taken off the 2023 album "Do You Ever Wonder What Comes Next?")
06 - Tiny Fighter - If I Could See (taken off 2021 album "Rewind")
07 - Josh Woodward - Perfect (taken off the 2016 album "Addressed to the Stars")
08 - Vista Chino - Barcelonia (taken off the 2013 album "Peace")
09 - Elliott Smith - No Name #4 (taken off the 1994 album "Roman Candle")
10 - Queen - Long Away (taken off the 1976 album "A Day At The Races")

11th September 2026

01 - Mayflower Madame - A Foretold Ecstasy (taken off the 2024 album "Insight")
02 - The Raconteurs - Many Shades of Black (taken off the 2008 album "Consolers of the Lonely")
03 - Laura Veirs - Wide-Eyed, Legless (taken off the 2010 album "July Flame")
04 - Stand Atlantic - Skinny Dipping (taken off the 2018 album "Skinny Dipping")
05 - The Darkness - Friday Night (taken off the 2003 album "Permission To Land")
06 - Moon Taxi - The Way (taken off the 2018 album "Let The Record Play")
07 - CJ Wildheart - The Box (taken off the 2016 album "Robot")
08 - Elbow - Scattered Black and Whites (taken off the 2001 album "Asleep In The Back")
09 - The Wonder Years - It Must Get Lonely (taken off the 2018 album "Sister Cities")
10 - Feeder - Buck Rogers (taken off the 2001 album "Echo Park")

12th September 2026

01 - Half Man Half Biscuit - Don't Get Me Wrong Yvonne (taken off 2025 album "All Asimov and No Fresh Air")
02 - Foxing - Crown Candy (taken off the 2018 album "Nearer My God")
03 - The Who - Drowned (taken off the 1973 album "Quadrophenia")
04 - The Wildhearts - Mazel tov Cocktail (taken off the 2009 album "¡Chutzpah!")
05 - Protomartyr - Ain't So Simple (taken off the 2014 album "Under Color of Official Right")
06- Manic Street Preachers - La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh) (taken off the 1993 album "Gold Against Your Soul")
07 - Hail Social - Objects In Mirror (taken off the 2006 single "Warning Sign")
08 - Leon Bridges - Never Satisfied (taken off the 2024 album "Leon")
09 - Guns N' Roses - You're Crazy (taken off the 1987 album "Appetite for Destruction")
10 - Iron Maiden - Montsegur (taken off the 2003 album "Dance of Death")

13th September 2026

01 - Protomartyr - June 21 (taken off the 2020 album "Ultimate Success Today")
02 - Laura Veirs - End Times (taken off the 2020 album "My Echo")
03 - Asylums - Wet Dream Fanzine (taken off the 2016 album "Killer Brain Waves")
04 - Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention - Hungry Freaks, Daddy (taken off the 1966 album "Freak Out!)
05 - Eels - What's A Fella Gotta Do (taken off the 2009 album "Hombre Lobo")
06 - Jerry Cantrell - My Song (taken off the 1998 album "Boggy Depot")
07 - Seatbelts - Citylines (taken off the 2022 album "A World Between")
08 - The Beatles - I'm Looking Though You (taken off the 1965 album "Rubber Soul")
09 - Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (taken off the 1983 album "Frontiers")
10 - The Replacements - Treatment Bound (taken off the 1983 album "Hootenanny")

14th September 2026

01 - The Lemonheads - Confetti (taken off the 1992 album "It's A Shame About Ray")
02 - Buffalo Tom - Tree House (taken off the 1993 album "Big Red Letter Day")
03 - Black Midi - Hogwash and Balderdash (taken off the 2021 album "Cavalcade")
04 - Vampire Weekend - Obvious Bicycle (taken off the 2013 album "Modern Vampires of the City")
05 - The Philharmonik - Chasing... (taken off the 2023 album "Kironic")
06 - Cyanide Pills - I Don't Remember (taken off the 2017 album "Sliced and Diced")
07 - Juliana Hatfield - My Wife (taken off the 2012 album "Juliana Hatfield")
08 - Death - Story of the World (taken off the 2015 album "N.E.W.")
09 - LØLØ - delusional darling (taken off the 2026 album "god forbid a girl spits out her feelings!")
10 - Lars Finberg - Boy Division (taken off the 2020 album "Tinnitus Tonight")

15th September 2026

01 - Iggy Pop - Loves Missing (taken off the 2019 album "Free")
02 - R.E.M. - Lotus (taken off the 1998 album "Up")
03 - Mastodon - Gobblers of Dregs (taken off the 2021 album "Hushed and Grim")
04 - Matthew Ryan - Rabbit (taken off the 2003 album "Concussion")
05 - Suede - Blinded (taken off the 2025 compilation "Sci-Fi Lullabies Vol. 2")
06 - Belly - Silverfish (taken off the 1995 album "King")
07 - Spin Doctors - Rock 'N' Roll Heaven (taken off the 2025 album "Face Full of Cake")
08 - Tino Valpa - We Are At War (taken off the 2022 album "Live or Be Lived All Over")
09 - Work Drugs - American Fool (taken off the 2016 album "Method Acting")
10 - Fiona Apple - Relay (taken off the 2020 album "Fetch The Bolt Cutters")

16th September 2026

01 - Madonna - Open Your Heart (taken off the 1986 album "True Blue")
02 - The Finn Brothers - Luckiest Man Alive (taken off the 2004 album "Everyone Is Here")
03 - The House of Love - Man to Child (taken off the 1988 album "The House of Love")
04 - VUUR - Sail Away - Santiago (taken off the 2017 album "In This Moment We Are Free - Cities")
05 - Forth Wanderers - Company (taken off the 2018 album "Forth Wanderers")
06 - Trashcan Sinatras - Ain't That Something (taken off the 2016 album "Wild Pendulum")
07 - My Bloody Valentine - Blown A Wish (taken off the 1991 album "Loveless")
08 - Modern Rituals - Maudlin (taken off the 2018 album "The Light That Leaks In")
09 - Pearl Jam - Even Flow (taken off the 1991 album "Ten")
10 - Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealous (taken off the 1992 album "New Miserable Experience")

Here is a link to the playlist!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment