Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Ten Random Tracks A Day For 2026: 24th September to 30th September

Picture taken by Maor Attias and from Pexels, great picture Maor!

Week 39 of 52 weeks, and we have pasted the Autumn (Fall for our cousins across the pond) equinox.  Three-quarters of the way through the year, and we are still in what I would call summer weather here.  I am not a fan, I prefer the colder weather, but I don't have a weather machine.  So sadly, we can still have ice cream in the warmth, I want my rain clouds in time for October, or there will be a huff/trouble 

But nevermind my fears of global warming causing issues to my spooky time, how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here and these posts
? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day.  Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together.  If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.  

For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available.  In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting.  Also, I'm using Spotify.  It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg.  Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.

24th September 2026

01 - Pip Blom - Don't Make It Difficult (taken off the 2019 album "Boat")
02 - Soundgarden - Spoonman (taken off the 1994 album "Superunknown")
03 - Frank Zappa - Rat Tomago (taken off the 1979 album "Sheik Yerbouti")
04 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love (taken off the 2001 album "B.R.M.C.")
05 - Dunes - Velvet (2026 single)
06 - The Smashing Pumpkins - Speed Kills (b-side to 2000 single "Stand Inside Your Love", different version appeared on "accidently released" companion album "Machina II/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music", then released as part of "Machina Aranea Alba Edition")
07 - Far - Pony (2008 single, later released as on the 2010 album "At Night We Live")
08 - Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It) (taken off the 1997 album "Around The Fur")
09 - The Breeders - Flipside (taken off the 1993 album "Last Splash")
10 - Stereo MC's - Connected (taken off the 1992 album "Connected") 

25th September 2026

01 - Ben Folds - Songs of Love (taken off the 2003 EP "Super 16", later added to the 2006 compilation "Supersunngspeedgraphic, The LP")
02 - Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out (taken off the 1982 album "Night & Day")
03 - Hot Chip - Wrestlers (taken off the 2008 album "Made In The Dark")
04 - The Divine Comedy - Norman and Norma (taken off the 2019 album "Office Politics")
05 - Elton John - Sacrifice (taken off the 1989 album "Sleeping With The Past")
06 - Nine Inch Nails - The Wretched (taken off the 1999 album "The Fragile")
07 - Erasure - Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day) (taken off the 1995 album "Erasure")
08 - a-Ha - The Blue Sky (taken off the 1985 album "Hunting High & Low")
09 - R.E.M. - Nightswimming (taken off the 1992 album "Automatic For The People")
10 - Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind (1987 single, later released on the 1991 compilation "Discography")

26th September 2026

01 - Courtney Barnett - Mantis (taken off the 2026 album "Creature of Habit")
02 - Chris Cheney - Football Team (taken off the 2022 album "The Storm Before The Calm")
03 - The Beatles - Revolution 1 (taken off the 1968 album "The White Album")
04 - Yacht Rock Revue - Tropical Illusion (taken off the 2024 album "Escape Artist")
05 - Luke Haines - Never Going Back To Liverpool (taken off the 2021 album "Setting The Dogs on The Post Punk Postman")
06 - Simon Webbe - Lay Your Hands (taken off the 2005 album "Sanctuary")
07 - Riverside - Galaxie (taken off the 1992 album "One")
08 - Badflower - Butterfly (taken off the 2025 album "No Place Like Home")
09 - Peter Gabriel (taken off the 1977 album "Peter Gabriel")
10 - Swans - It's Coming It's Real (taken off the 2019 album "Leaving Meaning")

27th September 2026

01 - Prophets of Rage - Smashit (taken off the 2017 album "Prophets of Rage")
02 - Them Moose Rush - Jude's Got Another (taken off the 2020 album "Dancing Maze")
03 - Frank Zappa - Mr. Green Genes (taken off the 1991 album "The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life")
04 - Trash Kit - See Through (taken off the 2019 album "Horizon")
05 - Cecil - The Most Tiring Day (taken off the 1998 alum "Subtitles")
06 - Foo Fighters - Generator (taken off the 1999 album "There Is Nothing Left To Lose")
07 - Swans - Screen Shot (taken off the 2014 album "To Be Kind")
08 - Bruce Springsteen - Ain't Got You (taken off the 1987 album "Tunnel of Love")
09 - Charles Bradley - Heartaches and Pain (taken off 2011 album "No Time For Dreaming")
10 - Rival Tides - Bread for Thieves (taken off the 2019 album "My God Is Fire")

28th September 2026

01 - Slow Pulp - Slugs (taken off the 2023 album "Yard")
02 - Billy Bragg - I Keep Faith (taken off the 2008 "Mr Love & Justice")
03 - The Black Crowes - Hotel Illness (taken off the 1992 album "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion")
04 - Soft Blue Shimmer - 9090 (taken off the 2022 album "Love Lives In The Body")
05 - Zeal & Ardor - Fend You Off (taken off 2024 album "GREIF")
06 - The Hellacopters - (I Don't Wanna Be) Just A Memory (taken off the 2025 album "Overdriver")
07 - Death Cab For Cutie - I Built You A Tower (a) (taken off the 2026 album "I Built You A Tower")
08 - Mogwai - Jaguar (taken off the 2013 OST "Les Revenants")
09 - Triptides - Muse (taken off the 2026 akbum "Past Lives")
10 - Simon & Garfukel - America (taken off the 1968 album "Bookends")

29th September 2026

01 - The Agency... - Defender (taken off the 2020 album "...In The Haunted Wood")
02 - Le Butcherettes - /BREATH (taken off the 2019 "bi/MENTAL")
03 - Death Cab For Cutire - Pepper (taken off the 2022 album "Asphalt Meadows")
04 - Fugazi - Smallpox Champion (taken off the 1993 album "In On The Kill Taker")
05 - Trentemøller - Dreamweavers (taken off the 2024 album "Dreamweavers")
06 - Slipknot - Wait and Bleed (taken off the 1999 album "Slipknot")
07 - Ruff Majik - Hymn #5 (taken off the 2020 album "The Devil's Cattle")
08 - The Wildhearts - Stormy In The North, Karma In The South (2003 album, later released on the 2024 compilation "Coupled With")
09 - Nine Inch Nails - Less Than (taken off the 2017 EP "Add Violence")
10 - The Hold Steady - Me & Magdalena (taken off 2021 album "Open Door Policy")

30th September 2026

01 - Rise Against - Satellite (taken off the 2011 album "Endgame")
02 - Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand (taken off 1996 album "Down on the Upside")
03 - Funkadelic - What Is Soul (taken off the 1970 album "Funkadelic")
04 - Pulp - Like A Friend (taken off the 1998 album "This Is Hardcore")
05 - Field Music - Goodbye to the Country (taken off the 2018 album "Open Here")
06 - Weezer - We Might As Well Be Strangers (w/Wednesday) (taken off the 2026 album "Weezer (The Gold Album)")
07 - Hüsker Dü - Ice Cold Ice (taken off the 1987 album "Warehouse: Songs And Stories")
08 - Cold Night For Alligators - With All That's Left (taken off the 2026 album "With All That's Left")
09 - Live - Rattlesnake (taken off the 1997 album "Secret Samadhi")
10 - Sleater-Kinney - Be Yr Mama (taken off the 1995 album "Sleater-Kinney")

Here is a link to the playlist!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment