Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Ten Random Tracks A Day For 2026: 6th August to 12th August

 

Picture taken by Sami TÜRK and from Pexels, great photo Sami!

Week 32 of 52 weeks, there are twenty weeks left after this one, where the hell has the year gone!  I tell you, it has been a busy week in my place.  Even through bad RPG playing (Warhammer: Soulbound), where I rolled so many 1's that it was beyond funny, I have not stopped and it is being to show.  I've been a little tired, but nothing too harsh.  I am really happy at the moment, even in the sad times, not really been like this for so long.  And so far, I've been playing some banging albums as well!

So, hopefully will be having a few more 2026 songs on these lists, and how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day.  Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together.  If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.  

For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available.  In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting.  Also, I'm using Spotify.  It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg.  Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.

6th August 2026

01 - Shinedown - The Pilot (taken off the 2026 album "EI8HT")
02 - War On Women - Anarcha (taken off the 2018 album "Capture The Flag")
03 - Structures - 6 (w/Brendan Murphy) (taken off the 2021 album "None Of The Above")
04 - Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers To Cross (taken off the 1969 album "Jimmy Cliff")
05 - Sean McConnell - Used To Think I Knew (taken off the 2021 album "A Horrible Beautiful Dream")
06 - The KLF - What Time Is Love? (taken off the 1991 album "The White Room")
07 - Pile - Uneasy (taken off the 2025 album "Sunshine And Balance Beams")
08 - Halestorm - Black Vultures (taken off the 2018 album "Vicious")
09 - The Mountain Goats - Bleed Out (taken off the 2022 album "Bleed Out")
10 - Jane Jensen - Blank Sugar (taken off the 1996 album "Comic Book Whore")

7th August 2026

01 - Clutch - Earth Rocker (taken off the 2013 album "Earth Rocker")
02 - State Champs - Clueless (taken off the 2024 album "State Champs")
03 - Lucius - Something About You (taken off the 2018 album "Nudes")
04 - Love/Hate - Fuel To Run (taken off the 1990 album "Blackout In The Red Room")
05 - Modest Mouse - Lounge (Closing Time) (taken off the 1997 album "Lonesome Crowded West")
06 - MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (taken off the 1968 album "Kick Out The Jams")
07 - L7 - Uppin' The Ice (taken off the 2019 album "Scatter The Rats")
08 - Self Against City - Ready And Willing (taken off the 2007 album "Telling Secrets To Strangers")
09 - Feist - A Man Is Not His Song (taken off 2017 album "Pleasure")
10 - All Them Witches - Blacksnake Blues (taken off the 2023 album "Baker's Dozen")

8th August 2026

01 - William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings (Original Version) (taken off the 2000 album "Pieces In A Modern Style") (Eddie note - Rest In Peace, William Orbit)
02 - Barns Courtney - You And I (taken off 2019 album "404")
03 - Radiant Knife - Awakened (taken off the 2018 album "Science Fiction")
04 - Catherine Wheel - Salt (taken off the 1992 album "Ferment")
05 - New Design - A Forgotten Dream (taken off the 2025 album "Keepsake)
06 - Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing (w/David Bowie) (Originally 1998 single, later released on the 2004 compilation "Once More With Feelings: Singles 1996-2004")
07 - Margaret Glaspy - I Didn't Think So (taken off the 2023 album "Echo The Diamond")
08 - Beck - Turn Away (taken off the 2014 album "Morning Phase")
09 - Paerish - Houses Of American Style (taken off the 2023 album "You're In Both Dreams (And You're Scared")
10 - The On And Ons - Not The Only One (taken off th2017 album "Welcome Aboard")

9th August 2026

01 - Deforesters - I'll Take The Crab Juice (taken off the 2017 album "Leonard")
02 - O'Brother - Bloodlines (taken off the 2016 album "Endless Light")
03 - Primus - Kalamazoo (taken off the 1997 album "Brown Album")
04 - The Beatles - Paperback Writer (1966 single, then released on many compilations, one of them was "1", released in 2000)
05 - Descendents - Jealous Of The World (taken off the 1999 album "All")
06 - Laura Veirs - Beautiful Dreams (taken off the 2024 album "Phone Orphans")
07 - Ginger Wildheart - The Saga Of Me & You (single release 2002, then released on the 2005 compilation "A Break In The Weather")
08 - William The Conqueror - Proud Disturber Of The Peace (taken off the 2017 album "Proud Disturber Of The Peace")
09 - XTC - Roads Girdle The Globe (taken off the 1979 album "Drums And WIres")
10 - Throat - No Hard Shoulder (taken off the 2018 album "Bareback")

10th August 2026

01 - Sam Fender - Mantra (taken off the 2021 album "Seventeen Going Under")
02 - Worriers - Prepared To Forget (taken off the 2023 album "Warm Blanket")
03 - Neko Case - Little Gears (taken off 2025 album "Neon Grey Midnight Green")
04 - To My Surprise - Turn It Back Around (taken off the 2003 album "To My Surprise")
05 - Can - Mushroom (taken off the 1971 album "Tago Mago")
06 - Stereolab - Come & Play In The Milky Night (taken off the 1999 album "Cobra And Phases Group Play Voltage In The Milky Way")
07 - TesseracT - Echoes (taken off the 2023 album "War Of Being")
08 - The Pale White - Turn It Around (taken off the 2017 EP "The Pale White")
09 - Black Mountain - Mothers Of The Sun (taken off 2004 album "IV")
10 - The Presidents Of The United States Of America - We Are Not Going To Make It (taken off the 1995 album "The Presidents Of The Untied States Of America")

11th August 2026

01 - Helvetia - What Life Was (taken off the 2022 album "Dishes Are Never Done But Good Luck")
02 - Suicide - Harlem (taken off the 1980 album "Suicide: Alan Vega and Martin Rev")
03 - Them Crooked Vultures - No One Loves Me And Neither Do I (taken off the 2009 album "Them Crooked Vultures")
04 - Galactic Cowboys - Amisarewas (taken off the 2017 album "Long Way Back To The Moon")
05 - Sudan Archives - She's Got Pain (taken off the 2025 album "The BPM")
06 - Dream Theater - Under A Glass Moon (taken off the 1992 album "Images And Words")
07 - Grand Splendid - Heartstrings (taken off the 2023 album "Planetarium")
08 - Aurelio Voltaire - Future Ex-Girlfriend (taken off the 2002 album "Boo Hoo")
09 - The Get Up Kids - Alec Eiffel (taken off the 1999 tribute album "Where Is My Mind? A Tribute To The Pixies" and the 2001 compilation "Eudora")
10 - Pulp - Partial Eclipse (taken off the 2025 album "More") (Eddie note, if only this was a day later when the eclipse was happening.  Oh, cruel fate!!!)

12th August 2026

01 - Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (taken off the 1986 album "Master Of Puppets")
02 - Explosions In the Sky - Moving On (taken off the 2023 album "End")
03 - Glen Hansard - Pennies In The Fountain (taken off the 2013 EP "Drive All Night")
04 - Mudhoney - Running Out (taken off the 2008 album "The Lucky Ones")
05 - Neil Young - Oh, Lonesome Me (taken off the 1970 album "After The Gold Rush")
06 - Primal Fear - Raise Your Fists (taken off the 2014 album "Metal Commando")
07 - Incubus - Are You In? (taken off the 2001 album "Morning View")
08 - Leon III - Tigris (taken off the 2021 album "Antlers In Velvet")
09 - Skunk Anansie - My Greatest Moment (taken off the 2025 album "The Painful Truth")
10 - Kurt Vile - Like Exploding Stones (taken off the 2022 album "(watch my moves)"

Here is a link to the playlist 

No comments:

Post a Comment