Sunday, 30 August 2026

Ten Random Tracks A Day For 2026: 20th August to 26th August

 

Picture taken by Nátalie Rodrigues and from the Pexels website, great picture Nátalie!
 

(Another blog that have been delayed as I needed a little break, I can't say I'm sorry, but I do hope you enjoy! - Ed)

Week 34 of 52 weeks, it has finally rained (not enough) and thinks are getting to what I would call a proper temperature in the UK.  It is sometimes needed, the grass around the area was going a shade that could kindly be called "scrubland rough".  But it has not all be amazing, I have been more than a little ill, and needed a break from regular posting.  I still want to do this, but I don't want to burn myself out.  That is why my old blog got deleted, it is the reason why I left my radio show behind, I just kept going without a proper break.  And as I do this without payment, it is not healthy to make this a chore, it should be fun!  So, I took some time for me, kept making a list of the 10 random tracks, and posting them/setting the playlist ready for posting.  

And after that intro, and I might re-write it (but probably won't), how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day.  Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together.  If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.  

For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available.  In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting.  Also, I'm using Spotify.  It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg.  Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.

20th August 2026

01 - The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (taken off the 1995 album "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness")
02 - Sarchasm - Us Too (taken off the 2020 album "Sarchasm")
03 - Champs - 33 (taken off the 2023 album "Ride The Morning Glass")
04 - Swervedriver - Setting Sun (taken off the 2015 album "I Wasn't Born To Lose You")
05 - Jack Harlon & The Dead Crows - Venomous (taken off the 2026 album "Inexorable Opposites")
06 - Ministry - Warp City (taken off the 2004 album "Houses of the Mole")
07 - Rush - Cut To The Chase (taken off the 1993 album "Counterparts")
08 - Future Islands - The Thief (taken off the 2024 album "People Who Aren't There Anymore")
09 - Everclear - Learning How To Smile (taken off the 2000 album "Songs From An American Movie Vol. 1: Learning How To Smile")
10 - Reef - Refugee (taken off the 2022 album "Shoot Me Your Ace")

21st August 2026

01 - Cake - Commissioning A Symphony In C (taken off the 2001 album "Comfort Eagle")
02 - Dream Theater - Vacant (taken off the 2003 album "Train Of Thought")
03 - Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Supervillain (taken off the 2019 album "End Of Suffering")
04 - Actors - Slaves (taken off the 2018 album "It Will Come To You")
05 - Reef - Metro (taken off the 1999 album "Rides")
06 - Pet - Bed (taken off the 1996 album "Pet")
07 - Glassjaw - El Mark (taken off the 2005 EP "El Mark")
08 - Jack's Mannequin - Suicide Blonde (taken off the 2008 album "The Glass Passenger")
09 - Mogwai - Summon The Sacred Beast (taken off the 2020 OST "ZEROZEROZERO")
10 - Fidlar - Down N Out (taken off the 2024 album "Surviving The Dream")

22nd August 2026

01 - Elton John - Bennie & The Jets (taken off the 1973 album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road")
02 - Justin Townes Earle - The Saint of Lost Causes (taken off the 2019 album "The Saint of Lost Causes")
03 - Lindisfarne - Lady Eleanor (taken off the 1970 album "Nicely Out of Tune")
04 - NoFX - Fish In A Gun Barrel (taken off the 2021 album "Single Album")
05 - Andreya Casablanca - Come In (taken off the 2024 album "See More Glass")
06 - Young Marble Giants - Searching For Mr. Right (taken off the 1980 album "Colossal Youth")
07 - Tilian - Act Out (taken off the 2021 album "Factory Reset")
08 - New Found Glory - Bloom (taken off the 2023 album "Make The Most of It")
09 - Violet Grohl - Pool of My Dreams (taken off the 2026 album "Be Sweet To Me")
10 - Mogwai - To The Bin My Friends, Tonight We Vacate Earth (taken off the 2021 album "As The Love Continues")

23rd August 2026

01 - The Levellers - Food Roof Family (taken off the 2020 album "Peace")
02 - Pitchshifter - I Don't Like It (taken off the 1998 album "www.pitchshifter.com")
03 - Feeder - Slint (taken off the 2016 album "All Bright Electric")
04 - Fu Manchu - Supershooter (taken off the 1996 alnum "In Search of...")
05 - Mugger - Candy Apple Baseball (taken off the 2024 album "Luck Forever")
06 - Skunk Anansie - Secretly (taken off the 1999 album "Post Orgasmic Chill")
07 - Mastodon - All The Heavy Lifting (taken off the 2011 album  "The Hunter")
08 - Anna Ternheim - All The Way To Rio (taken off the 2017 album "All The Way To Rio")
09 - The Black Keys - Do The Romp (taken off the 2021 album "Delta Kream")
10 - Oxbow - Icy White & Crystalline (taken off the 2023 album "Love's Holiday")

24th August 2026

01 - Palaye Royale - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (taken off the 2023 OST "Divinity", later released on the 2026 compilation "Sending Hearts To All My Dearies")
02 - Julia Jacklin - Hay Plain (taken off the 2016 album "Don't Let The Kids Win")
03 - The Black Crowes - Nonfiction (taken off the 1994 album "Amorica")
04 - Curse League - The Badlands (taken off the 2018 album "Laying by the Fire in Good Company"
05 - Killing Joke - Pandemonium (taken off the 1994 album "Pandemonium")
06 - Hog Molly - Let It Ride (taken off the 2001 album Kung Fu Cocktail Grip")
07 - Dan Le Sac - She Builds Herself (taken off the 2018 album "63 Days")
08 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Even The Losers (taken off the 1979 album "Damn The Torpedoes")
09 - Anneke Van Gierbergen - Sail Towards The Sun (taken off the 2026 EP "La Mort")
10 - Mudhoney - Baby, Can You Dig The Light? (taken off the 2002 album "Since We've Become Translucent")

25th August 2026

01 - Reef - Place Your Hands (taken off the 1997 album "Glow")
02 - Dot Dash - Summer Lights (taken off the 2016 album "Searchlights")
03 - The Hellacopters - So Sorry I Could Die (taken off the 2022 album "Eyes of Oblivion")
04 - Druganaut - Smoke The Dead (taken off the 2013 album "Smoke The Dead")
05 - Nine Inch Nails - The Only Time (taken off the 1989 album "Pretty Hate Machine")
06 - Motörhead - I'm Your Man (taken off the 1993 album "Bastards")
07 - Blaqk Audio - Material (taken off the 2016 album "Material")
08 - Frank Black & The Catholics - Suffering (taken off the 1998 album "Frank Black & The Catholics")
09 - Roxette - Joyride (taken off the 1991 album "Joyride")
10 - Kkett - Mr Unicorn Goes For A Pasty (taken off 2019 album "Kketterwaul")

26th August 2026

01 - Darren Jessee - Letdown (taken off the 2020 album "Remover")
02 - Greys - Shelley Duvall In 3 Women (taken off the 2019 album "Age Hasn't Spoiled You")
03 - Dorothy - Pretty When You're High (taken off the 2018 album "28 Days In The Valley")
04 - I Blame Coco - The Constant (taken off the 2010 album "The Constant")
05 - Juliana Hatfield - Nirvana (taken off the 1992 album "Hey Babe")
06 - Me Lost Me - Ancient Summer (taken off the 2025 album "This Material Moment")
07 - Japandroids - Alice (taken off the 2024 album "Fate & Alcohol")
08 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Look Around (taken off the 2011 album "I'm With You")
09 - The Offspring - Dammit, I Changed Again (taken off the 2000 album "Conspiracy of One")
10 - From the Mouth of the Sun - A Healer Hidden (taken off the 2017 album "Hymn Binding

Here is the link to the playlist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment