![]() |
| Picture taken by Mavi Ay Durağı & used from the website, Pexels. Great picture Mavi! |
(This (and the follow blog) have been delayed as I needed a little break, so enjoy! - Ed)
Week 33 of 52 weeks, summer is heading towards its end, but it seems to be getting warmer too. Three heatwaves in the UK this year, not had anything like that for many moons. You know, I try not to worry about stuff like that, not because I don't believe in global warming, in fact I have always believed in it. But god damn, I do wish we had politicians who actually gave a fuck about the planet, not their own personal wealth and draining the world to a crisp.
So, in the next hard left into the blog proper - are you hear for some music, and if so, how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day. Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together. If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.
For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available. In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting. Also, I'm using Spotify. It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg. Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.
13th August 2026
01 - Elvis Costello - Radio, Radio (taken off the 1978 album "This Year's Model")
02 - Paul Weller - Cosmic Fringes (taken off the 2021 album "Fat Pop")
03 - Lucky Malice - The Gambler (taken off the 2012 album "Homme Fatale")
04 - Mono - Imperfect Things (taken off the 2021 album "Pilgrimage of the Soul")
05 - Devin Townsend Project - Planet of the Apes (taken off the 2011 album "Deconstruction")
06 - The Offspring - Breaking These Bones (taken off the 2021 album "Let The Bad Times Roll")
07 - Faith No More - Caffeine (taken off the 1992 album "Angel Dust")
08 - KEN Mode - Throw Your Phone In The River (taken off the 2022 album "NULL")
09 - R.E.M. - Swan Swan H (taken off the 1986 album "Life's Rich Pageant")
10 - STONEWALL NOISE ORCHESTRA - Gravity (taken off the 2020 album "Deathtripper")
14th August 2026
01 - The Fatima Mansions - Greyhair (taken off the 1992 album "Valhalla Avenue")
02 - Pavement - Hit The Plane Down (taken off the 1994 album "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain")
03 - Blame My Youth - Right Where You Belong (taken off the 2020 soundtrack "Bill & Ted Face The Music")
04 - Lauren Hoffman - Strange Man (taken off the 1997 album "Megiddo")
05 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Salvation (taken off the 2001 album "B.R.M.C.")
06 - Anna Ternheim - You Belong With Me (taken off the 2019 album "A Space For Lost Time")
07 - Mark Curry - Always A Place (taken off the 1992 album "It's Only Time")
08 - Bowling For Soup - Sad Sad Situation (taken off the 2004 album "A Hangover You Don't Deserve")
09 - R.E.M. - All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (taken off the 2001 album "Reveal")
10 - The Wombats - Blood On The Hospital Floor (taken off the 2025 album "Oh! The Ocean")
15th August 2026
01 - Kurt Vile - 99 BPM (taken off the 2026 album "Philadelphia's Been Good To Me")
02 - All About Eve - More Than The Blues (taken off the 1989 album "Scarlet & Other Stories")
03 - Foster The People - Pay The Man (taken off the 2017 album "Sacred Hearts Club")
04 - Roxette - Crash! Boom Bang! (taken off the 1994 album "Crash! Boom! Bang!")
05 - Iron & Wine & Ben Bridwell - More Than This (taken off the 2025 EP "Making Good Time")
06 - Aimee Mann - Slip And Roll (taken off the 2012 album "Charmer")
07 - The Staves - Sadness Don't Own Me (taken off the 2015 album "If I Was")
08 - Chappell Roan - Kaleidoscope (taken off the 2023 album "The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Prince")
09 - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Strange Trouble (taken off the 2026 album "We Are Together Again")
10 - Mt. Misery - Movies (taken off the 2024 album "Love In Mind")
16th August 2026
01 - Shudder To Think - Chakka (taken off the 1994 album "Pony Express Record")
02 - The Stooges - Down On The Street (taken off the 1979 album "Funhouse")
03 - Avalanche Party - The Noise Between Us (taken off the 2025 album "Der Traum Uber Alles")
04 - Nirvana - Very Ape (taken off the 1993 album "In Utero")
05 - Ethel Meserve - Onward Foster (taken off the 2000 album "Spelling The Names")
06 - Voxtrot - The Start of Something (taken off the 2005 album "Raised By Wolves")
07 - Metallica - Inamorata (taken off the 2023 album "72 Seasons")
08 - Nada Surf - Bacardi (taken off the 1998 album "The Proximity Effect")
09 - Cattle - Caring (taken off the 2016 album "Nature's Champion")
10 - Skunk Anansie - All In The Name of Pity (taken off the 1995 album "Paranoid & Sunburnt")
17th August 2026
01 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (taken off the 2006 album "Stadium Arcadium")
02 - MONO INC. - Dein Anker (taken off the 2025 album "Abendrot")
03 - Suede - Heroine (taken off the 1994 album "Dog Man Star")
04 - The Wombats - Turn (taken off the 2018 album "Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life")
05 - Casual Friday - Banger (taken off the 2017 album "Weekend Forever")
06 - Death By Stereo - The Gift of Attack (taken off the 2020 album "We're All Dying Just In Time")
07 - The Menzingers - Other People's Money (taken off 2026 album "Everything I Ever Saw")
08 - Cloakroom - Clover Looper (taken off the 2025 album "Last Leg of The Human Table")
09 - Conan - Righteous Alliance (taken off the 2022 album "Evidence of Immortality")
10 - Pearl Jam - The End (taken off the 2009 album "Backspacer")
18th August 2026
01 - Beth Orton - How Far (taken off the 1996 album "Trailer Park")
02 - St. Vincent - Pills (taken off the 2017 album "MASSEDUCATION)
03 - Anna of The North - Nobody (taken off the 2022 album "I Do You")
04 - Middle Kids - Real Thing (taken off the 2019 EP "New Songs For Old Problems")
05 - Little Simz - Silhouette (taken off the 2022 album "No Thank You")
06 - Kim Gordon - Paprika Pony (taken off the 2019 album "No Home Record")
07 - Mia Maria Johansson - Devils Dance (taken off the 2021 album "Slay")
08 - Haim - Spinning (taken off the 2025 album "I Quit")
09 - Melissa Auf der Maur - I Need I Want I Will (taken off the 2004 album "Auf Der Maur")
10 - Enya - Orinoco Flow (taken off the 1988 album "Watermark")
19th August 2026
01 - Living Colour - Cult of Personality (taken off the 1988 album "Livid")
02 - OneRepublic - Tyrant (taken off the 2008 album "Dreaming Out Loud")
03 - Palehørse - Aimless In Our Aim (taken off the 2023 album "Hunting Grounds")
04 - Amber Run - White Lie (taken off the 2017 "For A Moment, I Was Lost")
05 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby (taken off the 2006 album "Stadium Arcadium")
06 - Death - Keep On Knocking (taken off the 1975 album "...For The Whole World To See")
07 - Glassjaw - shira (taken off the 2017 album "Material Control")
08 - Ringo Deathstarr - Rats Live On No Evil Star (taken off the 2011 album "Sparkler")
09 - Glenn Hughes - Hot Damn Thing (taken off the 2025 album "Into The Fade")
10 - KEN Mode - The Illusion of Dignity (taken off the 2018 album "Loved")
Here is a link to the playlist!

No comments:
Post a Comment