Thursday, 23 July 2026

Ten Random Tracks A Day For 2026: 16th July to 22nd July

 

Picture taken by Lisa from Pexels and used from...Pexels (obvs)! Great picture Lisa!

Week 29 people!  We are on the downward end of the posts! And somehow, I am still doing this. To be honest, I still am surprised that I am still posting, I have almost thrown in the towel every now and then.  But not because I wanted to stop, just life getting in the way.  However, my mind still want to do this, which I am taking as a positive.  I've also been looking at my 2026 AOTY list, I'm currently 267 deep at the moment, so might do a separate post about that as well.  Also, apologise for this being a day late, massive headache the day before, so delayed whilst that went away.

But enough about the future, let us talk about the past and find out what do we have going on! Well, as always, these posts are about the first ten random tracks of the day, and how in the blue hell-scape of space did we get here? At the start of the year on Threads (or possibly on Bluesky), I started to see people posting random 10 songs for the day.  Now, with lists being my sort of thing and finally having the itch to blog again, I thought "lets do this". My aim is to try to post at least one list of songs per day, but as has happened, sometimes I've had to do a few post together.  If you want to follow the lists as they are posted, that is happening on my Bluesky & Threads accounts, and once a week I am compiling into this blog/playlist.  

For full disclosure, I did miss a couple of these days, so I went to my iTunes/YouTube and looked at what I had played on the days missed. Also, when it comes to the playlists I have found that sometimes that track I played is not available.  In those cases, I've added a substitute track, which I will note when posting.  Also, I'm using Spotify.  It is the only streaming service I am used to, I am also looking into changing as Spotify sucks and their owner is a bad egg.  Much like the first post, this post and others might be edited for a new playlist provider.

16th July 2026

01 - Coyote Mad Seeds - Jaded Son (taken off the 2019 album "Terahedron")
02 - Bad Rabbits - Goin Up (taken off the 2023 album "Garden Of Eden")
03 - Tinariwen - Bismilah (taken off the 2000 album "The Radio Tisdas Sessions")
04 - Belle Sebastian - Give A Little Time (taken off the 2023 album "Late Developers")
05 - Idlewild - A Film For The Future (taken off the 1998 album "Hope Is Important")
06 - Interpol - All The Rage Back Home (taken off the 2014 album "El Pintor")
07 - Prefab Sprout - Elegance (taken off the 1984 album "Swoon")
08 - The Meffs - Life's Life (taken off the 2024 album "What A Life")
09 - Lissie - In Sleep (taken off the 2010 album "Catching A Tiger")
10 - Luke Haines & Peter Buck - The Skies Are Full Of Insane Machines (taken off the 2022 album "All The Kids Are Super Bummed Out")

17th July 2026

01 - Bombay Bicycle Club - Everything Else Has Gone Wrong (taken off the 2020 album "Everything Else Has Gone Wrong")
02 - Lakes - Lucerence (taken off the 2019 album "The Constance")
03 - Plexi - Magnet (taken off the 1996 album "Cheer Up")
04 - The Noise & The Naïve - Mary (taken off the 2017 EP "Debut")
05 - Snail Mail - Hell (taken off the 2026 album "Ricochet")
06 - The Smile - Thin Thing (taken off the 2022 album "A Light For Attracting Attention")
07 - The Smashing Pumpkins - Soothe (Demo) (taken off the 1994 compilation "Pisces Iscariot")
08 - Editors - Munich (taken off the 2005 album "The Back Room")
09 - The Levellers - Leave This Town (taken off the 1995 album "Zeitgesist")
10 - Jim Bob - Swordfight Outside McDonalds (taken off the 2025 album "Stick")

18th July 2026

01 - Pearl Jam - Can't Deny Me (2018 single)
02 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues (taken off the 2004 album "Abattoir Blues")
03 - Blueshift - Voyager (taken off the 2020 album "Voyager")
04 - Fiona Apple - Valentine (taken off the 2012 "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do")
05 - The Wild Things - Drunk Again (taken off the 2024 "Afterglow")
06 - State Champs - Just Sound (taken off the 2022 album "Kings Of The New Age")
07 - Ed's Redeeming Qualities - Think (taken off the 1991 album "It's All Good News")
08 - Titans - Wake The Dead (2020 single)
09 - Soul And Pimp Sessions - Memai (taken off the 2006 album "Pimp Of The Year")
10 - The Smashing Pumpkins - The Tale Of Dusty & Pistol Pete (taken off the 1998 album "Adore")

19th July 2026

01 - The Joy Formidable - This Ladder Is Ours (taken off the 2013 album "Wolf Law's")
02 - Depeche Mode - Suffer Well (taken off the 2005 album "Playing The Angel")
03 - Tom Waits - Coney Island Baby (taken off the 2002 album "Blood Money")
04 - Lucky Malice - More Than A Ring (taken off the 2012 album "Homme Fatale")
05 - Lord Of The Lost - My Sanctuary (taken off the 2025 album "OPVS NOIR Vol.1")
06 - Okkervil River - Pulled Up The Ribbon (taken off the 2018 album "In The Rainbow Rain")
07 - BNQT - 100 Million Miles (taken off the 2017 album "Volume 1")
08 - The Divine Comedy - Lucy (taken off the 1993 album "Liberation")
09 - China Drum - Simple (taken off the 1996 album "Goosefair")
10 - L7 - Pretend We're Dead (taken off the 1992 album "Bricks Are Heavy") (RIP Jennifer Finch)

20th July 2026

01 - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Baudelaire (taken off the 2002 album "Source Tags & Codes")
02 - Sia - Gimme Love (taken off the 2024 album "Reasonable Woman")
03 - Le Butcherettes - My Mallely (taken off the 2015 album "A Raw Youth")
04 - Beck - Heart Is A Drum (taken off the 2014 album "Morning Phase")
05 - As It Is - Okay (taken off the 2017 album "okay.")
06 - Lanterns On The Lakes - The Saboteur (taken off the 2023 album "Versions Of Us")
07 - Cheap Trick - When I Wake Up Tomorrow (taken off the 2016 album "Bang, Zoom, Crazy... Hello")
08 - Being As An Ocean - Know My Name (taken off the 2017 album "Waiting For Morning To Come")
09 - Vox Vocis - Cold Snap (taken off the 2018 album "Star Meissa")
10 - The Menzingers - Try (taken off the 2023 album "Some Of It Was True")

21st July 2026

01 - Stabbing Westward - Dead And Gone (taken off the 2020 album "Dead And Gone")
02 - Primordial - Upon Our Spiritual Deathbed (taken off the 2018 album "Exile Amongst The Ruins")
03 - Hanging Garden - The Garden (taken off the 2023 album "The Garden")
04 - Moon Safari - A Lifetime To Learn How To Love (taken off the 2023 album "Himlabacken Vol.2")
05 - Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal (taken off the 2001 album "ANThology")
06 - Thrice - Promises (taken off the 2011 album "Major/Minor")
07 - Hundred Reasons - Drowning (taken off the 2002 album "Ideas Above Our Station")
08 - Queensrÿche - Breaking The Silence (taken off the 1988 album "Operation:Mindcrime")
09 - Funeral For A Friend - Recovery (taken off the 2005 album "Hours")
10 - Deftones - Hexagram (taken off the 2003 album "Deftones")

22nd July 2026

01 - Aimee Mann - Little Bombs (taken off the 2005 album "The Forgotten Arm")
02 - Paul Weller - In Full Flight (taken off the 2024 album "66")
03 - Mudhoney - This Is The Life (taken off the 1998 album "Tomorrow Hit Today")
04 - Disquiet, Black Country - Tearful Sordid Territory (2022 single)
05 - Toad The West Sprocket - Torn (taken off the 1990 album "Pale")
06 - No Thank You - Airport (taken off the 2020 album "Embroidered Foliage")
07 - Shallow - Trying (taken off the 2020 EP "Kill Your Friends")
08 - Goldfinger - It's Your Life (taken off the 2002 album "Open Your Eyes")
09 - onelinedrawing - Um... (taken off the 2002 album "Visitor")
10 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Waiting (taken off the 1981 album "Hard Promises")

Here is a link to the playlist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment